Home windows Installer is the software program element and Software Programming Interface (API) of Microsoft Home windows chargeable for set up, upkeep, and elimination of functions.
- The Home windows Installer Service couldn’t be accessed.
- Home windows Installer Service couldn’t be began.
- Couldn’t begin Home windows Installer Service on Native Pc. Error 5: Entry is denied.
Until you repair your Home windows Installer, you will be unable to put in new functions, replace or take away put in apps. If the Home windows Installer has thrown a wrench to your deliberate actions, fret not for we come geared up with instruments of our personal that will help you remedy this disaster.
Tips on how to Repair Home windows Installer Not Working?
Under we have now listed a number of totally different fixes you could attempt to resolve your problem with the Home windows Installer not working correctly. Please undergo the listing one after the other till your problem is sorted.
Run the Troubleshooter
You possibly can attempt to let the Home windows Troubleshooter resolve this problem routinely. Guarantee that you’ll be able to use Administrative privileges, and please comply with the steps under:
- Obtain “Program Set up and Uninstall Troubleshooter” and run it.
- On the subsequent display, choose whether or not you’re having an issue both with Putting in or Uninstalling an utility.
- Choose this system that you’re having an issue with.
- Observe the on-screen directions.
Scan for Virus/Malware
Your Home windows Installer could possibly be malfunctioning as a result of it has been contaminated with a virus or malware.
Viruses and malware often connect themselves to system information and hijack the functionalities of this system, often prioritizing their very own execution over this system’s perform, thus breaking it. Generally, they’ll additionally create a reproduction file, which will get known as as an alternative of the particular system program, which could possibly be the case right here as effectively.
Run an anti-virus scan to see if that is so, and repair it.
- Press Win + I to launch Settings.
- Navigate to Privateness & safety > Virus & risk safety.
- Guarantee that your Virus & risk safety updates are up-to-date.
- Click on on Fast Scan and watch for the method to finish.
- If any virus or malware are detected by Home windows Safety, take remedial motion (quarantine or take away), and carry out a Full Scan of your system.
Restart Home windows Installer Service
Your could possibly be having issues putting in or eradicating applications as a result of the Home windows Installer Service isn’t functioning correctly. In case you are seeing error message associated to the Home windows Installer Service (e.g., Home windows Installer Service couldn’t be began), you need to verify to see if the service has stopped.
You will have to start out the service if it has stopped. If it’s already began, you possibly can attempt stopping it after which beginning it once more.
You possibly can restart the Home windows Installer Service utilizing the Providers Supervisor or from the Process Supervisor.
Utilizing Home windows Providers Supervisor
- Press Win + R and kind in
companies.mscto launch Home windows Providers Supervisor.
- Scroll to Home windows Installer and right-click on it, click on Properties.
- Search for standing underneath Service standing
- Click on on Cease then click on on Begin. (If the service standing already says “Stopped,” click on on Begin.)
- Strive putting in/uninstalling the appliance once more.
Restart the Home windows Installer Utilizing the Process Supervisor
The Home windows Installer service can be began/restarted from the Process Supervisor.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the process supervisor.
- Swap to the Providers tab and scroll to discover msiserver. This service is the Home windows Installer service.
- Proper-click on msiserver and choose Begin. If the standing is Operating already, you’ll be able to as an alternative choose Restart.
This could begin the Home windows Installer service. Now attempt putting in or uninstalling functions to see if the problem has been fastened.
Re-register the Home windows Installer
One other try is you’ll be able to attempt re-registering the Home windows Installer and see if this fixes the problem.
- Press Win + R and kind in cmd to launch the command immediate.
- On the immediate, kind in:
msiexec /unregisterand press enter..
- Subsequent, kind in
msiexec /regserverand press enter.
- Try to see should you can set up/uninstall now.
Reset the Installer Service within the Registry
Microsoft has supplied a method to modify your registry for this explicit case, which resets the installer configurations. It will hopefully remedy your problem with the installer not working.
- Press Win + R and kind in
notepadto launch the notepad.
- Copy and paste the next into the notepad:
Home windows Registry Editor Model 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesmsiserver] "DisplayName"="@%SystemRoot%system32msimsg.dll,-27" "ImagePath"=hex(2):25,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,72,00,6f,00,6f,00, 74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d, 00,73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,20,00,2f,00,56,00,00,00 "Description"="@%SystemRoot%system32msimsg.dll,-32" "ObjectName"="LocalSystem" "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001 "Begin"=dword:00000003 "Sort"=dword:00000010 "DependOnService"=hex(7):72,00,70,00,63,00,73,00,73,00,00,00,00,00 "ServiceSidType"=dword:00000001 "RequiredPrivileges"=hex(7):53,00,65,00,54,00,63,00,62,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76, 00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,43,00,72,00,65,00,61,00, 74,00,65,00,50,00,61,00,67,00,65,00,66,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69, 00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,4c,00,6f,00,63,00, 6b,00,4d,00,65,00,6d,00,6f,00,72,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c, 00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6e,00,63,00,72,00,65,00,61,00, 73,00,65,00,42,00,61,00,73,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,6f,00,72,00,69,00,74, 00,79,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00, 65,00,43,00,72,00,65,00,61,00,74,00,65,00,50,00,65,00,72,00,6d,00,61,00,6e, 00,65,00,6e,00,74,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00, 00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,75,00,64,00,69,00,74,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69, 00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,53,00,65,00,63,00,75,00,72,00, 69,00,74,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00, 00,53,00,65,00,43,00,68,00,61,00,6e,00,67,00,65,00,4e,00,6f,00,74,00,69,00, 66,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53, 00,65,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,66,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,53,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00, 6c,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,63,00,65,00,73,00,73,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76, 00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6d,00,70,00,65,00, 72,00,73,00,6f,00,6e,00,61,00,74,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c, 00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,43,00,72,00,65,00,61,00,74,00,65,00, 47,00,6c,00,6f,00,62,00,61,00,6c,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65, 00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,73,00,73,00,69,00,67,00,6e,00,50,00, 72,00,69,00,6d,00,61,00,72,00,79,00,54,00,6f,00,6b,00,65,00,6e,00,50,00,72, 00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,52,00,65,00, 73,00,74,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67, 00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6e,00,63,00,72,00,65,00,61,00,73,00,65,00, 51,00,75,00,6f,00,74,00,61,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67, 00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,53,00,68,00,75,00,74,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,6e,00, 50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,54, 00,61,00,6b,00,65,00,4f,00,77,00,6e,00,65,00,72,00,73,00,68,00,69,00,70,00, 50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,4c, 00,6f,00,61,00,64,00,44,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,65,00,72,00,50,00,72,00,69,00, 76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,00,00 "FailureActions"=hex:84,03,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,14,00,00, 00,01,00,00,00,c0,d4,01,00,01,00,00,00,e0,93,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesmsiserverEnum] "0"="RootLEGACY_MSISERVER 000" "Rely"=dword:00000001 "NextInstance"=dword:00000001
- Save the file as
WindowsInstaller.reg. Make sure to choose “All file varieties” within the save as window.
- Proper click on on the saved file and choose Merge. (Home windows 11 customers: Proper-click > Present extra choices > Merge)
- Restart the pc.
Take away the Earlier Model of the Program You Wish to Set up
Generally you would possibly run into issues putting in a program if an earlier model of this system is already put in within the system. In such case, you need to first take away the sooner set up then attempt to set up the newer model.
- Press Win + R and kind in
management panelto launch the Management Panel.
- Beneath Packages, click on on Uninstall a program.
- Scroll to this system within the listing and right-click on it. Then choose Uninstall.
- Restart the pc and attempt to set up the newer model now.
If a reproduction
msiexec.exe file exists, it is likely to be inflicting a battle with a duplicate of itself. In such case, you’ll be able to delete the duplicate file to resolve the problem.
- Press Win + R and kind in
%windirpercentSYSWOW64. For 32-bit programs, the trail is
msiexec.exeand see if there’s a duplicate entry.
- Delete the duplicate file.
That ought to have resolved your drawback. Examine for your self by attempting to put in the appliance.