My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are “friends” please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, please keep in mind most of us at BleepingComputer volunteer our assistance for your benefit in your time of need. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us.
- It is important to not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed. If things are not clear or you experience problems be sure to stop and let me know.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless otherwise requested.
- When your computer is clean I will let you know, provide instructions to remove tools and reports, and offer you information about how you can combat future infections.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days I will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and let me know.
Thank you for your patience thus far.
Please do this.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your Desktop. <<< Important
- Right click on the icon and select Run as administrator
- Note: If you receive any warning about the download it is a false positive and you can ignore it
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of each report in separate reply windows
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.